Being a zero waste afficionado can sometimes get you down. After all, there’s a lot of waste in the world. Taking inspiration from some other bloggers, I’m taking note of some of the things that I’m grateful for and which keep me from getting down.
- After recent flooding in the area, our home is still safe and unaffected.
- I’ve seen far more beneficial than less desirable bugs in my veggie garden so far this year.
- My poison ivy rash is subsiding, and fortunately it looks like my carelessness didn’t result in my husband being affected. He has been happily itch-free. 🙂
- We had enough money saved up to replace our air conditioning system after having it checked out by an expert and finding it to be in even worse shape than expected. And all taken care of before the real heat of a Texas summer begins.
- We have delicious, clean tap water.
- There’s a library right next door with awesome free books, movies, and magazines. We can even use its bathroom in an emergency if ours is inaccessible.
- The first cucumber of the season.